Montridge Financial Group Ltd. is a boutique benefits & pension consulting firm, based in Vancouver, BC. We specialize in working with companies of all sizes to customize programs that meet the needs of their employees, as well as the business itself.
Our clients range from mom-and-pop companies to international and multi-location firms, within a vast array of industries.
Montridge is seeking a high-energy individual to join our firm as an Associate Advisor. Reporting to our Managing Partner, you will be responsible for consulting current benefit clients; maintaining our high level of client retention; generating revenue and achieving sales targets; and participating in activities that drive efficiencies and support Montridge’s corporate objectives. This role is ideally suited to either:
- An individual who is currently working independently, but would like to consider joining a firm for growth and succession opportunities; or
- A self-starter who can both manage a block of clients and actively pursue sales opportunities.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES (included but not limited to):
- You will be the primary advisor for a group of current Montridge employee benefit policyholders. Working within our team as well as with outside suppliers, you will negotiate pricing renewals; analyze future cost estimates; recommend plan design enhancements; conduct market surveys; and research/respond to complex questions regarding interpretations of benefit plans.
- You will investigate and resolve escalated benefit issues to provide information in non-routine situations.
- You will actively focus on generating firm revenue. You will be expected to hit sales targets by leveraging resources within our current firm, as well as via outside sources. Presentations will be made to both prospective clients and outside parties within your prospecting scope.
- You will negotiate, problem solve, and maintain positive relationships with insurer teams, as well as other external advisors.
- You will provide clients with guidance on HR issues as they relate to employee benefits.
- You will maintain & grow your knowledge of industry trends, including insurer products, news, and insurance legislation.
- A small firm requires every individual to pitch in when needed. At some point, you will be asked to make coffee, run the postage meter, or refill the printer toner, and you need to be OK with this.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- You have a University or College undergraduate degree, or a high-school diploma with equivalent work experience.
- You will be Life Licensed in British Columbia, and meeting all continuing education requirements to maintain your License.
- You will have a minimum of 3 years insurance industry experience. Sales experience within our industry is preferred.
- GBA, RPA, CMS, or CEBS designation holders will be preferred.
- You will possess in-depth knowledge of employee benefit plan design, products, and renewal pricing.
- You have an aptitude for figures and strong attention to detail.
- You will have proven success in a customer-facing role.
- You work well in a small-business team environment.
- You will have a high level of initiative and work effectively with minimum supervision.
- You will need a valid driver’s license.
- You are skilled in communication (both verbal & written), organization, time management, client service, problem solving, and decision making.
- You will know how to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
We are proud of the firm we have created; our team, our clients, and the environment in which we work. We firmly believe in work/life balance, and offer a competitive compensation package that includes a few above-and-beyond perks!
Interested candidates can forward their resume to:
Judith Mewhort, Managing Partner
We thank you in advance, and will contact only qualified candidates that we wish to meet.