March 13, 2020,
To our Plan Sponsors,
As BC’s health benefits society, the health and wellbeing of our members and employees is our top priority. We also recognize the role Pacific Blue Cross plays in the health care of you and your family. As the situation surrounding COVID-19 (coronavirus) continues to evolve, we want to do our part to ensure the health of our community.
COVID-19 is proving to be a great test for us all, but rest assured we continue to operate—just differently. We are following recommendations from the government and health authorities to protect the safety of our employees who serve our clients and members. To support social distancing guidelines and those staying home following travel, we have begun to work remotely.
Our precautionary measures to fight the spread of the virus will have impacts as we deliver our plan:
- Paper claims, calls, and emails will be temporarily delayed.
- Our walk-in centre remains closed.
- Travel emergencies will continue to be handled by calling Medi-Assist.
- Disability payments will be prioritized.
- Prescription medications will follow recommendations by the Ministry and the BC College of Pharmacists.
- We have created a member COVID-19 Resource Centre with information on the pandemic, answers to questions on benefits or insurance coverage, details on prescription medications and early refills as well as mental health support to help manage and navigate these difficult times.
- Payment cheques and direct deposit payments continue to be processed.
- Electronic claims continue without interruption and are fast and easy:
We also ask that you help us fight the spread of COVID-19. By removing paper-based claims from our business we can encourage social distancing, pay you faster, and help the environment. Please use digital services including electronic invoices by signing on to ADMINnet on our website. You can also manage member enrollment, access claim and enrollment forms, and view policy and plan benefits information.
We also understand the vital role you play in keeping your members safe by connecting them to their benefits. Understandably, you have questions for us during this unique time. We have created answers on our COVID-19 Plan Sponsor FAQ resource page.
We will continue to follow the recommended approach from the local health authorities for protection and prevention. And we’ll keep you informed of any updates.